CORY MONTGOMERYYour Candidate for Saanich Council and CRD
I love Saanich and choose to raise my daughters here with my beautiful wife, Robyn. For that reason, I want Saanich to be the best place for families, students, retirees and future generations.
A bit about me:
- I grew up on the Peninsula and worked for Peninsula Coop for eight years. It was here that I developed my passion for supporting local businesses.
- I graduated from Claremont school in 1993 and earned a BComm from Royal Roads University in entrepreneurial management.
- I helped my family business grow nationwide to over 300 employees. In 2007, with the business running smoothly, I took a step back to move to Saanich and focus on my growing family.
- From 2007- 2009, I worked for the BC Provincial government as a director in citizens services with a focus on mediating between government and the private sector to ensure both sides were working together.
- My wife and I owned and operated Accutemp, a local refrigeration business, from 2009 to 2013, when we sold the business.
- I am now working with my family company as our BC Operations Manager.
I’m running for Saanich Council to give back to the community that has treated my family so well. Saanich is already a great place to live but I know we can do better by working together.
How I'll help
Cory’s Focus Areas
In my experience as a business owner, we all win when the public and private sector work together. Businesses are an important part of our tax base and I will support initiatives that encourage local businesses to flourish.
You should be able to move efficiently and safely throughout our community. I will champion initiatives that address longstanding transportation challenges and improve the safety and accessibility of our sidewalks and roadways.
I will work to ensure that Saanich is the best place for families, students and retirees to live. I’ll focus on community building by supporting parks and recreation and initiatives that make our community healthier and more livable.
Support Cory’s Campaign
Individuals may contribute a maximum of $1200 to a municipal election campaign. Eligible individuals are BC residents and Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
DONATE BY MAIL: Please make cheques payable to “Cory Montgomery Campaign” and mail to:
3912 Rowley Road
DONATE ONLINE: Please visit http://paypal.me/CoryMontgomery2018 to donate online.
Thank you for your support!
Mayor of Saanich
Former iPod Engineer, Apple
A council that works well together can enact change meaningful together. With your vote, we will bring cooperation to the council table and bring progress to the community.
Kathleen, Cory, Karen and Ian are all highly experienced professionals and passionate about the issues we face as a community. We have all pledged to work together, with you and for you, over the next four years.
Executive Director, Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary
I’m passionate about contributing to the community that I live, work and play in, and firmly believe that nurturing relationships strengthens our community.
If elected, I will offer leadership on environmental protection in Saanich. I will work with homeowners and the community to develop common-sense policies that protect truly environmentally sensitive areas in a responsible, considerate way.
Past Senior Vice-President, BC Pension Corporation
I’m proud to have served on Saanich Council for the past year.
We need to make Saanich more affordable for homeowners, renters and businesses. If re-elected, I will work to bring your taxes in line with the rate of inflation by improving operational efficiency. All stakeholders must be fairly represented, and we will address these challenges by working together.
Former Broadcaster (CFAX, CKNW)
As a broadcaster, my goal is to uncover the truth, bring information to light, and be a voice for those people or ideas that aren’t always at the forefront. This isn’t always easy, but I feel that we have to question what we’re told and search for a better way forward.
It’s time for fair representation and honest communication in Saanich. With your support, I’ll ensure that you have a voice at the council table.